The Jump is returning and host Davina McCall has promised an "unbelievable lineup" for new series

Published Thursday, Nov 3 2016, 18:03 GMT  |  By  |  Add comment
The Jump is returning to Channel 4 next year and the show's host Davina McCall has teased the celebrity lineup for the new series is going to be "unbelievable."

Unbelievable?! That's certainly got our attention!

Davina McCall, The Jump 2016
14 February

© Channel 4/Supplied by WENN



Davina spoke about The Jump's new series in an interview with our colleagues at Digital Spy, and she said: "It is a crazy, crazy show to be part of and our contestants are just the coolest, bravest people on television."

"We've got an amazing lineup - an unbelievable lineup," she said, quickly adding: "And no, I can't tell you [who], but we have quite a few people set [to do the show]. They're crazy amazing people - I'm so excited.

She said: "I can't say anything! I can't say any more. I'm going to shut up because I'm going to give you something!"

Oh Davina, you tease!

Last year, The Jump was caught up in controversy after seven of the show's contestants suffered an injury, with gymnast Beth Tweddle having to undergo surgery on her neck following a nasty fall.

Some deemed the show "too unsafe" for celebrities to take part in and had called for The Jump to be axed. At the time, a spokesperson for Channel 4 addressed the backlash and said in a statement: "The Jump is now in its third series and, since launch, 46 celebrities have taken part successfully. Though it is a new course the events have been designed to be no more difficult than in previous years and all contributors have undertaken a rigorous training programme to prepare them for the show.

"All winter sports carry some element of risk, but in light of the number of injuries this year, Channel 4 has asked the producers to review safety procedures again to further reduce the prospect of accident."

The Jump, full celeb line up, Sun 31 Jan

© Channel 4

The Jump lineup for 2016.



The show continued to air, however, and Ben Cohen was crowned the winner of its third series. Ofcom also decided, following the show, that it wouldn't be investigating, as they believed there were no grounds to proceed with one.

In September, Davina confirmed that The Jump will be returning, but did admit herself that she was "amazed" new celebrities were willing to sign up for the winter sports reality show.

Speaking during an appearance on The Jonathan Ross Show, she said: "I was amazed because I didn't think we'd be able to get people back on it, but apparently people still want to do the show which is great."

Highlighting the element of danger the show brings with it, Davina added: "It is a bit like, 'Don't try this at home'... all I can say is that [the celebrities] are given the best care and they are taught by the best teachers."

"They're willing, they want to do it," she pointed out. "We're not forcing them out there."

Follow us on Twitter @RevealMag for all your celeb, fashion and beauty news!

Fancy winning some GREAT prizes? Check out Reveal Competitions here!
0 comments

Loading...