Brooks Way leave X Factor in "mutual" decision with producers after insisting: "Truth always wins"

Published Monday, Oct 10 2016, 15:50 BST  |  By  |  Add comment
X Factor stars Brooks Way have left the competition.

Brooks Way, made up of twins Josh and Kyle, will no longer appear on The X Factor, after coming to a mutual decision with the show's producers.

X Factor makeover photos 2016
Brooks Way

© ITV / Thames / Syco Entertainment

The X Factor confirmed the news today (10 October), with a spokesperson stating: "Following the allegations relating to Josh Brooks, we have decided by mutual consent that Brooks Way should leave the competition."

Josh also released a statement. It read: "Due to events in my personal life I've decided that it's best not to be on the show at this time. While not everything that has been claimed is true I would like to apologise to everyone involved."

The duo had been banned from the first live shows of The X Factor, after Josh, 17, was accused of attacking and sending threatening messages to an ex-girlfriend. He was previously accused of striking her but denied that in a statement, saying: "A fight broke out between me and another male at a party. Amelia, along with others, tried to break it up. She was accidentally knocked in the process. It was never my intention to hurt her or put her in danger - and this situation is way out of my character."

At the time, a spokesperson for X Factor had said: "Due to circumstances that have arisen Brooks Way didn't perform last night. This relates to information which has been given to the show regarding one of the group. Until we are in a position to do so we won't be commenting further."

It has now been confirmed, however, that Brooks Way have left the competition and will be replaced by another band instead.

Louis Walsh and his X Factor groups: Brooks Way

© Syco / Thames TV

News of their exit comes after Brooks Way broke their silence on the allegations and denied they are true.

Taking to Twitter, the twins told their fans: "Today, we have had a tough day with a false allegation. Don't believe everything you read, both Amelia and Josh will be stating the truth." They added: "The truth always wins."

The boys are yet to comment on their exit on social media, but did re-tweet a post from The X Factor's official Twitter account addressing the news.

After the allegations surfaced, both Josh and Kyle were removed from The X Factor house while producers investigated. They were said to be in alleged "crisis" talks with bosses about their future on Sunday (9 October).

It has not yet been announced who will replaced Brooks Way.

Their mentor Louis Walsh currently has just one act in the competition, after duo Bratavio were sent home following the first live show. Bratavio, made up of Bradley Hunt and Ottavio Columbro, found themselves in the bottom two alongside Saara Alto. Simon Cowell, Sharon Osbourne and Nicole Scherzinger all voted in favour of saving Saara, meaning the boys were given the boot.

Follow us on Twitter @RevealMag for all your celeb, fashion and beauty news!

Fancy winning some GREAT prizes? Check out Reveal Competitions here!