On Tuesday afternoon, Mel and Sue confirmed in a statement that they will be leaving GBBO once it moves to Channel 4 next year.
And for 2014 runner-up Richard, who had been favourite to win, he feels the show is no more.
Taking to Twitter to give his view on their departure, Richard said: "Without Mel and Sue it just isn't Bake Off. @Channel4 has just bought a tent. #GBBO."
News of Mel and Sue's exit came less than 24 hours after it was confirmed that GBBO will be moving to Channel 4 in 2017, following a breakdown in talks between the production company Love Productions and the BBC.
In a statement, the presenting duo made their feelings on the move clear. They said: "We were very shocked and saddened to learn yesterday evening that Bake Off will be moving from its home. We made no secret of our desire for the show to remain where it was.
"The BBC nurtured the show from its infancy and helped give it its distinctive warmth and charm, growing it from an audience of two million to nearly 15 at its peak. We've had the most amazing time on Bake Off, and have loved seeing it rise and rise like a pair of yeasted Latvian baps.
"We're not going with the dough. We wish all the future bakers every success."
Meanwhile, fans and celebrities alike have been giving their opinion on the latest news.
TV presenter Rylan Clark-Neal tweeted: "Gutted about Mel and Sue. They made that show."
Blogger and former Celebrity Bake Off contestant Zoella said: "I have no words for this whole #GBBO saga, but one thing I do know is that it won't be the same without Mel & Sue."
Follow us on Twitter @RevealMag for all your celeb, fashion and beauty news!