Mike Hassini suspended from TOWIE until further notice

Published Thursday, Aug 18 2016, 08:25 BST  |  By
Mike Hassini has been suspended from TOWIE until further notice after being accused of driving under the influence.

According to The Sun, the 21-year-old has been told he won't be involved in the ITVBe show for the time being after being arrested for alleged drink driving.

Mike Hassini
TOWIE series 17 official photos

© ITV



A rep for TOWIE confirmed to the paper: "In view of the charges brought against him, Mike Hassini has been suspended from TOWIE until further notice."

A source added: "They've taken the quick but considered decision to suspend him until further notice, when things are a bit clearer."

We've contacted Mike's rep for comment.

So far, the reality star – who was seen in Wednesday night's series 18 finale episode - hasn't referenced the incident on social media.

TOWIE: Mike apologises to Megan McKenna
31 July

© ITV

Pete with Megan in July.



Mike's biggest storyline this series was when he waded into the Megan McKenna-Chloe Lewis row by backing Chloe L up and saying he'd heard Megan, who dates co-star Pete Wicks, was being flirty on a girls' holiday.

TOWIE: Mike and Pete clear the air
7 August 2016

© ITV

Mike and Pete.



It left Megan furious as she accused him of spreading false rumours and being a bad friend. Mike then called Megan a "slag" off-camera. It all got quite heated and led to Mike's friendship with Pete also crumbling.

But Mike did later apologise to Megan, saying he'd been "bang out of order". He also cleared the air with Pete and they shook hands. "I feel like it's best we draw a line in the sand and move on," said Mike, which Pete agreed was the best option.

Meanwhile, Mike isn't the only TOWIE star to have been suspended during the show's run. Past and present castmembers axed from filming at some stage include Mario Falcone, Dan Osborne and James 'Arg' Argent.

For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!