Spencer Matthews to return to I'm A Celebrity? Bosses 'are offering £50,000 contract'

Published Friday, Jul 1 2016, 16:28 BST  |  By  |  Add comment
Could Spencer Matthews really be returning to I'm A Celebrity? More fuel has been added to the fire when it comes to his comeback, if these latest reports are anything to go by...

Fans will remember that Spenny was forced to exit the jungle early, after admitting to taking a steroids-based medication. Producers deemed it would be unfit for him to continue on the show, and Spencer has since said his steroid use has been one of "the most costly mistakes" he has ever made.

Now, though, it seems like he could be offered a second shot. New reports claim show bosses are hoping to lure the former Made In Chelsea star back with a £50,000 contract.

'I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!' TV Show, Australia - 19 Nov 2015
Spencer Matthews wakes up in Snake Rock Camp.

© Rex Shutterstock / ITV



A source has told The Mirror: "Spencer was cut up at being chucked out of the jungle and has worked hard all year to change his ways."

They added: "He's steered clear of big-money trashy telly like Celebrity Big Brother... [he] has kept in touch with the team at I'm A Celeb and wants to make it up to his family and fans."

ITV are yet to confirm the lineup for next series, and aren't likely to do so, until nearer it's air date.

Spencer had proven to be a hit with viewers, thanks to his no-nonsense attitude when it came to I'm A Celeb's famous Bushtucker Trials. He entered the jungle as a late arrival alongside Vicky Pattison and Ferne McCann, but never made it to the main camp, as he only lasted for two nights on the show.

Following his exit, Spencer apologised for letting everyone down.

He said: "Why did I leave I'm A Celebrity? The simple answer is that I screwed up, and have some explaining to do. Shortly after I arrived in Australia I told the production team that I was taking a steroid-based medication that had begun some weeks ago.

Spencer Matthews screams and squeals in her first Bushtucker Trial - Dicing With Danger.
I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!  - 19 November 2015.

© ITV



"When I started taking this programme of pills it was in preparation for a charity boxing match which, ironically, never took place. I had intended to come off the pills gradually, but there was no time to do this before I reached the jungle.

"My admission to the production team that I was still taking these pills led to the conclusion that it would be unsafe for me to stay in the jungle - a decision which I found extremely hard to stomach."

Spencer said he "hugely regretted" taking the pills and after leaving the show, he decided to take a break from the limelight.

While many reports speculated Spencer had headed to rehab, he revealed in a candid interview that he had actually been in Tanzania helping with community projects and stressed he was never addicted to steroids.



Spencer told BBC Newsbeat: "I did not go to rehab. I actually went to Africa. I wanted to selflessly do something and give back. I was in a muddled place. I found a building project in Tanzania to build a school for Masai children so more local kids could go to school in that area.

"Flying out to Australia to do this amazing show, I was so happy to be there that when the reality came in that I was going home on the third day I was just devastated... it was a bit of a dark time."

Since then, Spencer has openly spoken of his hopes to give I'm A Celeb another go. He recently revealed that such a comeback has already been "discussed" with him.

He said: "It's been discussed. I'd like to do it. I made a terrible mistake and I apologised. I'm in a good place now."

We'd love to see him give it another go, you?

Follow us on Twitter @RevealMag for all your celeb, fashion and beauty news!

Fancy winning some GREAT prizes? Check out Reveal Competitions here!
0 comments

Loading...