The reality star was hospitalised in Spain at the end of May after an alleged stabbing incident during a night out in Marbella. Unconfirmed reports have suggested hen early lost a kidney.
Although Jake was released from hospital last week, medics are still treating him, which requires continued visits to hospital.
A spokesperson for TOWIE told The Sun: "We are letting Jake focus on his recovery before discussing a return to the series."
Jake's co-star James 'Arg' Argent, added that Jake is required to stay in Spain for the next month to undergo treatment.
But when Jake read an article claiming he was not returning to TOWIE, he responded by saying: "Thanks for letting me know." He added a thumbs up emoji, suggesting a hint of sarcasm. He added: "I hear stuff about me never even knew - but life goes on fresh start no negativity around me please."
The Essex reality star was discharged from a Spanish hospital last week after spending two weeks in bed following the incident in Marbella at the end of May.
Jake has not revealed details of what led to his hospitalisation, and as police are currently investigating, they have not released any information. Reports have alleged he was struck with a broken bottle during a night out over Bank Holiday Monday, with unconfirmed claims suggesting he nearly lost a kidney.
Ahead of being released from hospital, Jake shared an inspirational quote to Instagram, perhaps showing how he is feeling right now following the alleged altercation.
It read: "I guess the real fact of the matter is, we don't know what tomorrow is going to bring and the only thing we really have is right now. So, don't stay mad for too long. Learn to forgive. Love with all your heart. Have fun. Live your life the way you want to live it. Don't worry about people that don't like you. Enjoy the ones you do."
He told fans: "Your support has got me through this worrying time but as I said you can't get rid me that easy! I'm slowly getting better."
Fancy winning some GREAT prizes? Check out Reveal Competitions here!