Xtra Factor's Melvin Odoom reveals he is unsure of his future on the show with Rochelle Humes

Published Wednesday, Apr 13 2016, 14:44 BST  |  By  |  Add comment
Xtra Factor host Melvin Odoom has revealed he and Rochelle Humes haven't yet been asked back onto the show by Simon Cowell.

The X Factor will soon begin filming again for this year's series and so far, we have already seen the show undergo a few changes to its format. While we're guaranteed to have new judges (or possibly familiar faces) returning to the panel and Dermot O'Leary back as host, the future of X Factor's spinoff show still hasn't yet been decided.

Opening up to The Daily Star, Melvin revealed: "We haven't heard yet. I don't know what will happen."

Rochelle Humes and Melvin Odoom on The Xtra Factor.
16 November 2015.

© YouTube / The X Factor UK

Last year, Melvin and Rochelle were drafted in to replace Sarah-Jane Crawford and he has revealed that the presenting duo didn't get the call until very last minute.

He told the paper: "When we got the job last year it was only a few weeks before. At the moment I'm just sitting and hoping."

The Kiss FM DJ admitted he would love to front The Xtra Factor with Rochelle again. Melvin said it would be an "absolute bonus" as he had great fun doing it last time round and he believes Simon was a fan of his and Rochelle's work.

He added: "He seemed to enjoy the show whenever he was on it."

While nothing has yet been confirmed when it comes to the ITV2 spinoff, The X Factor's main show has already confirmed a few changes. Nick Grimshaw was the first judge to step down from the panel (after just one series on the show), with Cheryl Fernandez-Versini recently confirming she has quit too.

Cheryl originally joined The X Factor in 2008, before leaving in 2010. She rejoined the panel in 2014. On leaving again, Cheryl explained she is choosing to focus on her music instead.

She said: "I have had such an amazing experience being a judge on The X Factor. I have learnt so much and enjoyed nurturing talent but I've missed making music and am excited to be recording again."

The X Factor judges (Nick Grimshaw, Rita Ora, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini and Simon Cowell) give their feedback.
22 November 2015.

© ITV / Supplied by WENN

Cheryl and Nick have both left The X Factor.

Rumour has it that former judge Louis Walsh could be returning to the panel, along with original judge Sharon Osbourne. According to reports, Simon recently held faux auditions to gage the chemistry between the trio.

Fans have also seen both Olly Murs and Caroline Flack leave the show. The BFFs had fronted The X Factor last series, but Dermot has now confirmed he will be returning.

He had quit last year, after hosting the talent competition for eight years. Dermot told viewers he is "excited to be back."

We will also see the return of The X Factor's room auditions as held in previous series.

For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!