In the news we never thought we'd hear, the long-time presenter and professional hug giver has confirmed he's back on the show after a hiatus of one-year.
So why the U-Turn?!
Well, we're not sure. In a statement announcing he'd rejoined the programme, Dermot only said: "I'm very flattered to be asked back to The X Factor, and am currently dusting off my dancing shoes. There is nothing more exciting than hosting live TV on a Saturday night. The show is naturally very close to my heart, after having hosted it for 8 years. I'm really looking forward to it, and excited to be back."
Show boss Simon Cowell simply said: "Dermot's back! Hooray! And so is his dancing! Welcome home Dermot."
As Dermot said, he was host of the ITV primetime show for eight years before dramatically quitting in 2015. He was replaced by double act Caroline Flack and Olly Murs, who previously hosted Xtra Factor together, but they both quit at the end of the last series.
There had been rumours in February that Dermot, 42, was being wooed back to the show, with sources claiming bosses had offered him a three-year contract.
Among those who will no doubt be delighted Dermot is back, is former X Factor contestant Jake Sims, who was a member of Stereo Kicks.
He told us last week: "Dermot was amazing and as lovely on camera as he was off camera. He's got so much time for you and I'd love to see him back. I think he completes the show and it's a bit weird without him. He's so good at what he does and he's so loveable, he's such a genuine bloke, it'd be good to see him back."
So far, the only change we know about the judging panel is that Nick Grimshaw won't be returning. The BBC Radio 1 Breakfast Show host quit his panel role earlier this year, saying he'd only ever intended to stay for one year.
Fellow judges Simon Cowell, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini and Rita Ora have not addressed whether they will return.
X Factor returns later this year.