Olly hit the headlines this morning, after viewers watched him accidentally tell Monica she had been eliminated from The X Factor, before actually reading out the results of the public vote.
His mistake led to him receiving a slew of criticism on Twitter, with many fans hitting out at the show for being a fix. However, the latest two acts to be eliminated from The X Factor, Monica and Max, have shunned such claims and jumped to Olly's defence, insisting everybody makes mistakes.
Max, who was immediately sent home from the competition after receiving the fewest public votes, admitted to Reveal he missed the moment Olly slipped up, but still thinks viewers have overreacted.
Assuring us he doesn't believe that The X Factor is a fix, Max exclusively told us: "Whether or not Olly was told there on the spot and slipped up on it, I wouldn't have called it a fix. I think he was just caught up in the moment.
"There was a lot of tension," Max explained. "Sunday's are the most stressful days for all of us and there on the stage, it's intense. I think Olly felt that and he slipped up. Everyone makes mistakes, but it's not a big one!"
Monica, meanwhile, was present and was the one left confused by Olly's blunder. After being told she was going as Olly miscalculated the judges', she then found out the sing off vote had gone to deadlock, before Caroline revealed she was in fact the second act to get the fewest votes.
Despite the mix up, though, Monica insisted she knew she was going to be given the boot anyway.
"In my heart I knew I was leaving. From Friday, I knew I was going. I was just waiting for the time to pass," she revealed. "When I got to the bottom three, I knew I was going home. Even when that little mess up happened, I knew. So I said to Anton [Stephans], 'Don't worry. I'm going.''
After seeing some of the backlash Olly received as a result, Monica said she thought some of the reactions have been unfair.
"I think any opportunity for anyone to point their fingers at someone they are going to do it," she said. "It's live television, I'd like to see other people get up there and doing it."
Defending the 'Kiss Me's singer, she added: "[Olly] has been doing it for like two or three weeks running now, he hasn't made a huge mistake. That was probably the first one. He's a human, he's not a robot.
"I feel sorry for him, really. He needs to dust himself down and move forward onto next week."
Asked if she thought the result was a fix, like many viewers have suggested, the starlet admitted he had no idea.
"I have no clue," she told us. "I don't know if it's fixed or not, everyone will always have an opinion on it and it's a good story because everyone keeps talking about it. Nobody knows the answer and if they did, it would be boring."
I apologise to everyone tonight I made a massive f%#k up at the end. It was so tense!! I'm still learning & hope that never happens again!— Olly Murs (@ollyofficial) November 15, 2015
Monica and Max's comments come after Olly himself took to Twitter to apologise.
At the time he apologised profusely to Monica, before later tweeting: "I apologise to everyone tonight I made a massive f%#k up at the end. It was so tense!! I'm still learning & hope that never happens again!"
As well as many hitting out at the presenter, others made sure to support Olly - including his co-host Caroline Flack. She said: "We all make mistakes. I make LOADS in life and on telly ... It's live."
And even Dermot O'Leary (X Factor's old host) was quick to comment. Reassuring Olly it happens to the best of us, Dermot told his pal: "Hey @ollyofficial Ahoy my friend. Keep that head up. Happens to us all."
For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!