The Voice coach claims: "Rita Ora hasn't betrayed me!"

Published Tuesday, Oct 27 2015, 10:38 GMT  |  By  |  Add comment
The Voice coach has shared his thoughts on Rita Ora's new gig on The X Factor, insisting there is no animosity between the pair after she jumped ship.

Earlier this year, Rita had joined the lineup for The Voice and sat alongside Will, Ricky Wilson and Tom Jones. She had replaced Kylie Minogue as the only female celebrity coach, but hung up her boots after just one series on the BBC singing contest.

At the time, she had said it was her good pal that had persuaded to become a coach on The Voice, so how did he feel when she decided to sign up for its rival show The X Factor a year later? attends the Spectre Royal premiere, Royal Albert Hall, London
26 October

© WENN / Lia Toby

Rita Ora posing on the red carpet at the X Factor Auditions in London 17th July 2015

© Getty Images / Karwai Tang

Speaking to The Daily Star while attending the Spectre premiere last night, Will said: "I don't feel Rita has betrayed me."

The Black Eyed Peas star then went onto reveal that Rita had asked for his advice when the offer to join Simon Cowell and Cheryl Ferandez-Versini on the X Factor judging panel first came up.

"Before she signed up she called me and asked for my opinion," he added. "Not approval, though, my opinion and I thought it was dope."

Revealing his reaction, he joked: "I just said that's dope, how much did you get paid? Awesome!"

Rita won't be the only coach missing when The Voice returns with its new series next year, as Tom Jones won't be returning to his seat on those famous spinning chairs either.

He was left angered by show bosses, after news came to light he had been axed. The BBC announced the new lineup for The Voice in August, surprising fans by revealing Paloma Faith and Boy George will join returning coaches Will and Ricky, leaving Tom's name off the bill.

The Voice UK, Ricky Wilson, Sir Tom Jones, Rita Ora,, Sat 10 Jan


Tom had been dropped after four years on The Voice and he made sure to voice his upset on his Facebook page. He revealed he was "deeply insulted" after being let go with no "consultation or conversation", especially as he'd already put time aside in his schedule to film the fifth series.

He then further criticised how the situation was handled in an interview shortly after his axing. Tom said: "It's not that I was let go, it is how it was handled. If indeed the producers were planning a cast change back in March / April, after the most successful year of the series in terms of viewer numbers, a warm and civilised conversation was in order at that time."

Instead, viewers will see Boy George and Paloma fighting it out for the latest vocal talent when The Voice returns in 2016.

Although, it seems the new lineup may already be causing drama for producers. Filming has already begun for The Voice and according to reports, Boy George left Paloma in tears.

She had pretended to fall asleep while he was pitching for a hopeful, with Boy George then leaving her in tears after telling her: "You're a disgrace! Who are you? One hit in America doesn't make you a star. I've sold over 150 million records."

Awkward, much?

For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!