Dermot, who stepped down from X Factor in March after eight years on the show, has revealed how he recently received a message from former judge Louis about the new series of the ITV talent show.
Dermot said: "I haven't seen Louis for ages but I got a text from him last week saying, 'They are missing us, Dermot - have you seen the ratings?' He was loving that."
Reports claim X Factor has suffered in ratings compared to its previous year. Last Saturday attracted 7.55 million viewers, which was a series high, but it was still down by nearly 900k compared to last year.
Dermot, who is making a return to Saturday night TV as the host of a brand new BBC show The Getaway Car next year, also said he hasn't been watching the new X Factor series "religiously" because he now has his "weekends back" after so many years.
Irish music manager Louis left the talent show this year and bowed out as the longest standing judge having spent 10 years on the judging panel. His last series in 2014 saw him on the panel alongside Mel B, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini and Simon Cowell.
This year's revamped show and new-look panel sees Simon and Cheryl with new judges Rita Ora and Nick Grimshaw. Meanwhile, Dermot has been replaced by Olly Murs and Caroline Flack, who were former co-hosts of The Xtra Factor.
Try Reveal's digital edition on iPhone & iPad. Subscribe now & never miss an issue!
X Factor's most shocking moments: