According to The Mirror, the former TOWIE star claimed that he had been attacked by a group outside a nightclub on Saturday, but when police arrived, he was the one who ended up arrested on suspicion of ABH.
However, the newspaper says Ricky was then de-arrested after one of the alleged victims declined to provide police with a statement.
A spokesperson for Sussex Police told the paper: "A 25-year-old man from Chigwell in Essex was arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm following a fight with another man.
"Police officers on patrol were alerted to the fight around 2.25am. As the situation calmed, the victim of the assault declined to provide a statement and the man was de-arrested. He left the area immediately."
Ricky, who was in Brighton for a personal appearance at a nightclub, has not commented on the alleged incident. He's currently in Thailand filming a new show for ITV.
We have reached out to his rep for comment.
Ricky left The Only Way Is Essex in May this year, telling fans at the time: "It's been an EPIC journey that I've loved sharing with you guys! Will miss you all."
We'll see him on ITV4's The Big Fish Off later this year.
Ten reasons we want to be on TOWIE!