The 65-year-old's vehicle was involved in a collision on the Pacific Coast Highway in Los Angeles in February this year, which left one woman dead.
According to multiple reports from the US, the case was presented to prosecutors on Tuesday, who will now decide whether to bring a misdemeanour manslaughter charge against her.
Sherriff's Det Richard Curry told the Los Angeles Times that Caitlyn appeared to have been driving at an unsafe speed for the road conditions at the time, although she had been within the speed limit.
It's believed Caitlyn's car rear-ended a neighbour's car. The neighbour, who was a 69-year-old woman, died.
Caitlyn issued a statement at the time, saying: "My heartfelt and deepest sympathies go out to the family and loved ones, and to all of those who were involved or injured in this terrible accident.
"It is a devastating tragedy, and I cannot pretend to imagine what this family is going through at this time. I am praying for them. I will continue to cooperate in every way possible."
Legal experts told the LA Times that a jail term would be unlikely if the charge was brought.
Try Reveal 's digital edition On iPhone & iPad. Subscribe now!