The Voice mistake: bosses accidentally axe all remaining singers

Published Thursday, Aug 20 2015, 12:12 BST  |  By  |  Add comment
The Voice UK bosses had a major panic moment this week when they reportedly axed all contestants from the show!


According to The Sun, the faux pas happened because of a technical glitch, which meant an email was sent to all 500 remaining hopefuls telling them they had been chopped from the competition.

The Voice UK logo - 2015.


The problem was only 300 were to be axed, with 200 successful singers continuing on to the next round. A spokesperson for the show said: "We can confirm this unfortunate incident was caused by a technical glitch and rectified immediately."

An insider told the newspaper that all 200 successful candidates were contacted by phone to reassure them they were still part of the process. This year's hopefuls have now been whittled down from 40,000 to 200 after going through four audition processes.

Eek. We bet that was an emotionally draining day for everyone.

The Voice UK won't return to our screens until early next year, when it will kick off with the usual blind auditions before entering the live competitions stage.

We'll have a different coaching lineup for the fifth series as Rita Ora has jumped ship to The X Factor and Sir Tom Jones will not be returning. Instead, we'll see newcomers Paloma Faith and Boy George joining and Kaiser Chiefs' Ricky Wilson in the famous big red chairs.

Sir Tom has been pretty vocal in recent days about his axe, saying he was unhappy at how the situation was handled by bosses. He claimed he was given no prior warning of the decision to let him go and described the handling as "deeply insulting".

Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!