Earlier today the line-up for series five was announced, revealing that Ricky Wilson and will.i.am would be returning as coaches, with Paloma Faith and Boy George as new additions.
While Paloma replaced Rita Ora - who left to become a judge on rival show The X Factor - Boy George replaced music legend Tom.
The announcement came as a surprise to many fans, who assumed Tom would be returning to the show.
However, Tom has now claimed that he was only told yesterday by producers that he would no longer be a judge on the show.
In a message on his Facebook page, Tom, 75, said: "In good faith, as part of the team, I'd put the time in my schedule to be involved in Series 5, as I've done so for the last 4 years. I've supported the show and the BBC since the beginning. I was told yesterday, with no consultation or conversation of any kind, that I would not be returning."
Tom, who had been a judge on the show since the very beginning, won in the first year in 2012 with singer Leanne Mitchell.
"Having been through plenty of transformations throughout the years, I support and admire creative change," Tom continued. "But being informed, as a matter of duty and respect, is an important part of creative relationships. This sub-standard behaviour from the executives is very disappointing."
Tom, who said that he wishes the show well, added: "I will always admire the courage of the performers who participate in the show, as well as all the production staff who worked tirelessly to make a great family viewing experience for the audience at home."
Sharing the same message on Twitter, Tom wrote: "Shocked and disappointed about The Voice UK. I was TOLD yesterday. No idea, no conversation, no warning. To the fans, thank you for your support over the last four years."
Following Tom's message, a spokesman for the BBC has said: "The final decision on the coaches' line up for series 5 of The Voice was only taken on Wednesday and Tom's team was informed early yesterday morning.
"We then announced it to the press so that it didn't leak. This has been the same every year and no role was ever promised."
When the new line-up was announced today, BBC One controller Charlotte Moore commented: "Boy George and Paloma will bring a wealth of musical talent, expertise and unpredictability to our new coaching line-up.
"Their originality and flair will shake things up on the red chairs and take the audience by surprise. I'm thrilled to welcome back Will.i.am and Ricky and would like to personally thank Sir Tom Jones for his dedication and commitment to the last four series."
Marvin Humes and Emma Willis will return as co-hosts of the show.
The new coaches will be heading to BBC Media City in Salford, Greater Manchester for the Blind Auditions in September. The new series will launch on BBC One in January 2016.
For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!