TOWIE bosses ''hopeful'' suspended Mario Falcone will return

Published Wednesday, Jun 3 2015, 12:02 BST  |  By  |  Add comment
TOWIE bosses are said to be "hopeful" that suspended cast member Mario Falcone will return to the show.

Mario has not joined the cast in Marbella due to his recent suspension for promoting slimming pills, but fans could see him back later in the series.

Mario Falcone talks to TOWIE website, 26 March 2015


Derek McLean from Lime Pictures, who produce TOWIE, told The Sun: "We have to be very strict about that. We hope Mario will be back but, if he isn't, we will be perfectly fine with that."

It was revealed last week that Mario would not be heading out to Marbs to film the opening episodes for the brand new 15th series.

It was reported that Mario had gone against ITV rules by promoting slimming pills on his Twitter and Instagram accounts.

Mario later confirmed the suspension himself, and when a fan asked if it was due to the diet pills, he replied: "Yep".

In other news, TOWIE has just been recommissioned for a further six series. The popular reality show, which first aired in 2010, is now expected to be on air until the start of 2017.

Producers are hoping the Essex-based show will become "an ongoing, real-life soap opera".

For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!

10 reasons why we want to be in TOWIE: