Mario Falcone confirms he's been suspended from TOWIE

Published Thursday, May 28 2015, 09:15 BST  |  By  |  Add comment
Mario Falcone has confirmed he's currently suspended from TOWIE.

Reps for the show had already announced he would not be filming for now while serving his ban and now Mario himself has addressed the situation via Twitter.

He said: "For those asking.. I can confirm I am currently suspended from Towie and will NOT be appearing in the Marbella episodes."

TOWIE deleted scene from 25 March 2015: Mario in the park


Mario didn't offer any further explanation about how the suspension had come about. An unconfirmed report suggested it was because he promoted a form of slimming pill via his social media accounts but neither Mario nor a TOWIE rep has said whether that's true or not.

He's been a member of the TOWIE cast since the third series in 2011. His early storylines concerned his romance with co-star Lucy Mecklenburgh that included an engagement and eventual break up.

The 27-year-old is now dating model Emma McVey, who has chosen not to appear on the ITVBe show.

Mario was also suspended from filming on TOWIE last year amid reports his partying had become excessive. He later apologised to fans and viewers, saying he'd been going through a tough patch in his life.

Ten reasons we want to be on TOWIE!

For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!