BGT contestants evacuated over unexploded World War Two bomb

Published Friday, May 22 2015, 09:49 BST  |  By  |  Add comment
Britain's Got Talent acts were forced to evacuate their rehearsals yesterday after an unexploded World War Two bomb was discovered nearby.

According to reports, contestants including Lorraine Bowen had been preparing for their next performance when police arrived at the studios to order an evacuation.

Britain's Got Talent logo - 2014.


A source told The Sun: "It was all incredibly dramatic and scary. Police came into reception and order everyone out immediately. No one was allowed back in and lots of people's cars have been left stranded behind police tape.

"Let's just pray they get this sorted as quickly as possible."

Builders working near Wembley Stadium discovered the unexploded bomb, which is believe to have been dropped over London by Nazi bombers in the 1940s.

Homes and businesses have been evacuated while army experts work to secure the area and dispose of the device.

A spokesman for the army said: "This bomb is a live munition in a potentially dangerous condition so it's important that people listen to the police and evacuate their homes if asked.

"We will do all we can to minimise the disruption but ask the public to bear with us - any bomb, even under a controlled explosion could cause significant damage to property and there is a genuine risk to life".

For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!


Join In!

Login to share what you're reading and talking about with friends!

My Account


Logged in as {{first_name}} {{last_name}}

My Activity | Social: Off | Preferences | Log Out

My Account

Logged in as {{first_name}} {{last_name}}

Preferences | Log Out

Friends Activity

All your Ex On The Beach news!
Bear, Gaz, Jem, Lillie... you NEED to watch!
50% off 1-year tastecard membership
50% OFF or 2-FOR-1 across starters, mains & desserts in 7,500+ restaurants

Join In!