X Factor's Louis Walsh: "I wasn't sacked but I haven't been hired"

Published Thursday, May 14 2015, 13:54 BST  |  By  |  Add comment
Louis Walsh has said he hasn't been sacked as a judge from The X Factor, but he hasn't been hired either.

Earlier this week, reports claimed long-standing judge Louis had been axed after 11 years.

X Factor judges - Louis, Mel, Cheryl and Simon - on the judging panel. 11 October 2014.

© ITV / Supplied by WENN

Head judge and show boss Simon Cowell appeared to confirm Louis' exit, saying: "Louis Walsh is one of the good guys. We will always be friends. The door remains open and who knows what's next..."

Well now, we're not too sure if Louis is staying or going...and it turns out the 62-year-old is baffled too.

Seemingly confirming he is indeed leaving the show, music manager Louis told the Press Association today that after being a judge for 11 years, he was "not hanging around for them this year".

He said: "I haven't been sacked, I can honestly tell you that, but I'm not hanging around for them this year because I want to go back to being a manager. But I wasn't sacked, I haven't been hired and I'm not hanging around."

Louis said he would love to see Robbie Williams as a judge, or even Niall Horan from One Direction to "put somebody else Irish in there". And when asked about rumours that Nick Grimshaw might be joining the show as a judge, Louis said "that's not a bad idea at all".

X Factor judge Louis Walsh on judging panel - 30 November.

© ITV / Supplied by WENN

However, in another new interview with the Daily Mail today, Louis held out hope that he could be back on the show for a 12th year.

He told the newspaper: "I definitely haven't been fired, but I haven't been hired either, so it's all up in the air. Either way, there are two empty seats to fill, but that's all I know... More importantly, I feel at peace with whatever happens."

We are SO confused.

Let's cast our minds back to April when Louis hinted at his X Factor exit while on the Seven O'Clock Show. He said: "I think I'm done with X Factor. I've done 11 seasons. That's a long time on television. I think they're going to change the show. I think they're going to get new faces."

Each and every year, speculation always falls to Louis and whether or not he will return to the show, and it looks like we're still none the wiser!

The new series of The X Factor is set for a huge shake-up. Dermot O'Leary left as main host after eight years, and has been replaced by former Xtra Factor co-hosts Olly Murs and Caroline Flack.

Meanwhile, Sarah-Jane Crawford confirmed she will not be returning as host of The Xtra Factor, having presented the show for one year. Sarah's replacement has not yet been announced.

Although it's yet to be officially confirmed who the judges are, it is thought that Simon and Cheryl Fernandez-Versini will be returning to the judging panel.

For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!

X Factor's most shocking moments: