Matilda, eight, was severely injured last year after her £5 witch's costume from a supermarket ignited while she was trick or treating with her mum in West London.
Strictly Come Dancing co-host Claudia has now spoken to BBC's Watchdog in a bid to highlight that while children's nightwear must pass strictly safety regulations, costumes are classed as toys and have lesser regulations imposed.
Claudia reflected on the terrible night, saying: "I was talking to somebody and I heard her scream. She screamed, 'Mummy'. I turned around and that was that. She was just on fire. I mean, she was on fire.
"It feels like she was on fires for hours but the surgeon said that definitely wasn't the case it was probably just seconds. She went up, it's the only way I know to describe it. It wasn't like fire I had seen before. So, manically, me and this other lovely dad were just patting and patting but in front of our eyes it was like those horrific birthday candles you blow out and they come back. We couldn't put them back."
Matilda was severely burned and has since undergone several operations. Claudia told Watchdog the incident had been life changing and she can't remember what life was like before it happened.
Watchdog airs tonight at 8pm on BBC One.
For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!