Sarah-Jane Crawford confirms Xtra Factor exit: "I won't be back"

Published Tuesday, May 12 2015, 08:14 BST  |  By  |  Add comment
Sarah-Jane Crawford will not be returning as host of The Xtra Factor this year.

BBC 1xtra DJ Sarah confirmed her departure in a message to fans via Twitter last night (11 May).

Sarah-Jane Crawford attends the X Factor press launch in London, England - 27 August 2014

© WENN / Lexie Appleby / Future Image

Sarah's news come amid reports that Simon Cowell is planning a major overhaul ahead of the new series of the ITV talent show, and Sarah referenced such "changes" as she announced her exit after one year.

She said: "Xtra factor has been amazing! However I have a new project coming up this summer & with all the changes happening I won't be back…. But I'm so excited to see the new line up and wanna wish them all the luck in the world... Can't wait to watch them in action!"

The official X Factor account tweeted: "We'd like to wish @DJSarahJane all the best and thank her for all her hard work on #XtraFactor."

It's been reported that there was a week of discussions before Sarah came to her final decision.

A source told The Mirror: "Sarah had two different meetings with X Factor bosses and lots of discussions this week. Everyone decided that this
was the best outcome."

Sarah-Jane Crawford poses with friend Sam Joyce, Simon Cowell and Sinitta backstage on X Factor, 17 November 2014

© Instagram / @djsarahjane

Sarah was introduced as the new Xtra Factor host last year, replacing Caroline Flack.

Caroline's last series of Xtra Factor in 2013 was presented alongside comedian Matt Richardson, who was brought in to replace Olly Murs.

Sarah's exit follows on from the departure of long-standing judge Louis Walsh. After 11 years, it appears Louis will not be returning to the talent show, and Simon appeared to confirm it yesterday, by tweeting: "Louis Walsh is one of the good guys. We will always be friends. The door remains open and who knows what's next..."

Meanwhile, Dermot O'Leary also stepped down as host of the main show after eight years, but it was announced last month that former Xtra Factor duo Olly and Caroline would replace him on the main stage.

Auditions for the new series are already underway.

For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!

X Factor's most shocking moments:



Join In!

Login to share what you're reading and talking about with friends!

My Account


Logged in as {{first_name}} {{last_name}}

My Activity | Social: Off | Preferences | Log Out

My Account

Logged in as {{first_name}} {{last_name}}

Preferences | Log Out

Friends Activity

All your Ex On The Beach news!
Bear, Gaz, Jem, Lillie... you NEED to watch!
50% off 1-year tastecard membership
50% OFF or 2-FOR-1 across starters, mains & desserts in 7,500+ restaurants

Join In!