Cheryl Fernandez-Versini knew Louis Walsh was being axed from X Factor?

Published Monday, May 11 2015, 12:57 BST  |  By  |  Add comment
Cheryl Fernandez-Versini has hinted she already knew Louis Walsh would not be returning to The X Factor's new series, following news of his exit.

Over the weekend, reports surfaced that Louis had been axed from The X Factor after appearing as a judge on the show for the last eleven years.

His departure is yet to be officially confirmed, but Cheryl has cryptically hinted the reports are true and Louis will not be on the panel this time round...

#Mondaymayhem when you hear some juicy gossip that you know is true ooooh..

A photo posted by Cheryl (@cherylofficial) on

Taking to Instagram, Cheryl shared a throwback photo of herself pulling a shocked expression on her face.

Suggesting she already knows the Irish music mogul has left the show, she teased alongside her post: "#Mondaymayhem when you hear some juicy gossip that you know is true. Ooooh..."

Unlike Louis, Cheryl's place on the judging panel is considered safe, with Simon Cowell supposedly telling the 'Crazy Stupid Love' singer they will be keeping her on the show at all costs.

The same can't be said for Mel B, however. Despite a successful first season on the ITV singing contest, Simon has been on the lookout for fresh judges according to reports, eyeing up Rita Ora after her stint on The Voice and even Radio 1's Nick Grimshaw.

So far, there has not been an official announcement on who will make up the four judges for this year's series of The X Factor, but Louis has suggested the lineup won't include him.

X Factor judges - Louis, Mel, Cheryl and Simon - on the judging panel. 11 October 2014.

© ITV / Supplied by WENN

Following speculation, Louis tweeted: "All good things must come to an end."

Simon then pretty much confirmed Louis won't be returning on his own Twitter page.

He told fans: "Louis Walsh is one of the good guys. We will always be friends. The door remains open and who knows what's next..."

Louis isn't the only face to leave the show this season as host Dermot O'Leary announced he had quit after eight years presenting The X Factor.

He has since been replaced by Caroline Flack and Olly Murs and the pair will be the first ever presenting duo to front the main show.

Stepping into their new role in Manchester yesterday, Caroline and Olly joined thousands of hopefuls for their first day of filming X Factor's open auditions.

For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!