Yesterday, reports surfaced that Louis had been axed from the ITV singing contest after 11 years on the show.
So far his exit is yet to be confirmed, although Louis himself did hint at his departure by tweeting "all good things must come to an end". Now X Factor boss Simon has had his say and sadly it sounds like his close friend and fellow judge Louis will not be returning.
Louis Walsh is one of the good guys. We will always be friends. The door remains open and who knows what's next.......— Simon Cowell (@SimonCowell) May 11, 2015
Taking to Twitter, Simon tweeted: "Louis Walsh is one of the good guys. We will always be friends. The door remains open and who knows what's next..."
That pretty much confirms it, right?
It is said Simon chose to tell Louis personally he had been let go from the show. According to The Sun On Sunday, a source said: "They are close friends so Simon wanted to do this the right way. Simon spoke to Louis and told him that it's 95 per cent certain that he'll be 'stood down' this year."
As Simon suggested in his tweet, it might not be the last time we see Louis on The X Factor though as reports say he may return as a music expert or behind-the-scenes aide.
So far the new judging panel has not been confirmed, although reports suggest Simon and Cheryl Fernandez-Versini will be back this time round.
Mel B's place on the panel, however, isn't considered as safe and Simon himself has hinted he could be tempted to sign up Rita Ora after her stint on The Voice earlier this year.
We guess we'll have to wait and see...
News of Louis' exit comes as The X Factor kicked off its twelfth series yesterday, with new hosts Caroline Flack and Olly Murs taking the reigns.
The presenting duo joined thousands of hopefuls at open auditions held at Event City Manchester.
Following filming with his pal, Olly told fans: "Great 1st morning back with cazza!! #thatsright."
He and Caroline were announced as the new hosts for the show after Dermot O'Leary announced his X Factor exit following his eight year stint.
Revealing his decision to leave, Dermot tweeted: "After eight wonderful years on @TheXFactor it's time for me to move on. I'd like to thank ITV, Simon, The X Factor family and particularly the viewers, all of whom have been a big part of my life for so long.
"I'd like to wish the team all the best for the future, especially whoever takes over from me."
For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!
The X Factor's most shocking moments: