Oritsé Williams: 'Zayn Malik confided in me about One Direction exit'

Published Thursday, Apr 23 2015, 12:58 BST  |  By  |  Add comment
JLS star Oritsé Williams has revealed Zayn Malik confided in him about his deicison to leave One Direction almost six months ago.

Zayn announced his decision to quit 1D towards the end of March, saying in a statement that he wanted to be "normal 22-year-old" and enjoy time "out of the spotlight".

Oritse Williams at the Prince's Trust & Samsung Celebrate Success Awards at The Odeon, Leicester Square, London - 12 March 2015.

© WENN.com

Oritsé Williams.

Zayn Malik at the 5th Asian Awards held at the Grosvenor House Hotel - 17 April 2015.

© WENN.com

Zayn Malik.

Oritsé, who has now gone solo since JLS disbanded in 2013, told The Mirror that he had a conversation with Zayn during a trip to Las Vegas last September.

"Zayn spoke to me when we were together in Vegas last year," said Oritse. "Niall did too. Zayn was talking to me in confidence. I told him he had a great run and to enjoy it. They are very, very blessed guys."

Dad-of-one Oritsé said he advised Zayn to be himself and to keep going.

After Zayn's announcement, the remaining 1D members - Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan - said they respected his decision but promised fans they will continue as a four-piece.

It has since been speculated that Zayn will pursue a solo career. 1D's boss Simon Cowell has also previously revealed that he knew Zayn was contemplating his future in the band.

Music mogul Simon told BBC Newsbeat: "I knew for a while he was thinking about, you know, the future. It did come as a bit of a shock, but I have to look after him and look after the boys."

For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!