Mel B denies claims she was held hostage in her London home

Published Saturday, Jan 24 2015, 09:51 GMT  |  By  |  Add comment
Mel B has denied claims she was held hostage in her London home ahead of the X Factor finale in December.

Allegations were made today that Mel, 39, was held prisoner in her West London property by husband Stephen Belafonte the day before she was taken to hospital, forcing her to miss the first part of the X Factor finale.

Mel, however, has vehemently denied this.

Melanie Brown and her family arrive at the Los Angeles premiere of 'Paddington' held at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX on January 10, 2015 in Hollywood, California.

© Michael Tran/FilmMagic

Mel pictured earlier this month.

Writing on Twitter, she said: "Pls don't belive what you read it's all lies lies lies as usual."

A statement later released to MailOnline said: "Both Mel and Stephen categorically deny this is true and the police have not contacted Stephen."

It's been a difficult couple of months by Mel and Stephen who've had to defend their marriage against allegations of trouble.

Mel B and Stephen Belafonte enjoy a Sunday drive in Los Angeles - 5 January 2014

© Twitter / @officialmelb

Mel and husband Stephen.

Stephen and Mel have both strongly denied suggestions that Stephen hit Mel before the X Factor finale, branding the claims "disgusting and untrue."

Mel spoke about her love for Stephen in an interview with Fabulous magazine last year, saying:""I have a healthy relationship with my husband. I married my best friend, who I think is sexy and and hot and gorgeous and beautiful inside and out. I get butterflies whenever I see him still. Sometimes it's because I think I'm in trouble, like, 'Oh God, what did I say?' But when he walks in the room I think, 'Oh my God, that is my husband.'"

She added: "I have a marriage that goes up and down but divorce will never be an option. He's my rock."

Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!