Mel B addresses rumours: "My husband would never lay a hand on me."

Published Monday, Dec 29 2014, 13:54 GMT  |  By  |  1 comment
Mel B has spoken for the first time about reports that her marriage to Stephen Belafonte is in trouble.

The X Factor judge shared a picture of the couple looking very happy and said: "This is for my fans havin problems with my Twitter will be back soon!

"I'm very good was very polly [sic] but much better now and for the record my hubby never would lay a hand on me sorry took so long but any response fuels rumours #lovemyfamily #lovemyfans."

Mel B addresses rumours about her marriage to Stephen, 28.12.14

© Instagram / officialmelb

Mel B defends her husband alongside this snap of the pair looking happy.

It's the first time Mel, 39, has addressed reports that all is not well in her marriage, as she's been silent on the matter ever since it was rumoured that she had walked out on Stephen earlier in December.

Some reports even falsely suggested that Mel had pulled out of The X Factor final because Stephen had hit her, which Stephen strenuously denies.

In fact, she was hospitalised due to a mystery illness and as Mel says in her latest statement, she's now feeling "much better".

Mel shared the message on Sunday (28 December), just days after posting another snap of her with Stephen online.

On Christmas Day, Mel uploaded a pic of her happy family and said: "Have a merry Christmas! #familytime #funday."

Mel B celebrates Christmas with hubby Stephen and family, Dec 2014.

© Instagram / officialmelb

The family were all smiles on Christmas Day, too.

Mel and Stephen married in 2007 and have daughter Madison, three, together.

Mel recently joined her man in the States and the pair went out for a romantic post-Christmas dinner together in California last week, with both wearing their wedding rings in a show of solidarity.

Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!
1 comment