Film producer Stephen is currently in San Diego, US, and broke his silence following widespread suggestion he was the reason for Mel's hospital admission last week.
In an exclusive interview with Mail Online, Stephen stressed that no one in authority had made the claim about him.
"Who accused me of it, did she accuse me of it, the police, the hospital, who accused me of it?" he said. "I thought when you beat someone up the police or the hospital or the person you beat up says it."
Rumours first began doing the rounds on Sunday, after Tulisa Contostavlos had been drafted in to cover for Mel on The X Factor the previous night. Officials for the ITV1 show confirmed Mel was unable to appear as she had been unwell in hospital.
Mel returned to The X Factor on Sunday, however fans were quick to spot she wasn't wearing her wedding ring.
On Monday morning, after getting wind of what was being said, Stephen took to Twitter and denied the "disgusting and untrue" rumours that he had hit his wife.
He said: "I don't usually respond to Twitter messages but I will respond to comments of hitting my wife which I think are quite disgusting and untrue!
"Mel was very ill. A bunch of doctors helped her get better. If fans can't just relax before being negative they are not real fans of Mel."
Mel has remained silent about the rumours, however she did tell X Factor host Dermot O'Leary that she was feeling better after her hospital admission.
Meanwhile, Stephen has now also spoken to The Sun and suggested that she may not have been wearing her wedding ring due to swollen hands.
"I love my wife, I care about my wife. I'd take a bullet for her," he added.
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!