Exclusive: Xtra Factor host Sarah-Jane Crawford: "Simon Cowell hijacked my date!"

Published Wednesday, Nov 12 2014, 14:49 GMT  |  By  |  Add comment
Xtra Factor host Sarah-Jane Crawford has a bone to pick with boss Simon Cowell, after he stole her date!

Last month, the gorgeous TV presenter was left dateless after Stevi Ritchie treated Simon to a dinner for two at the Harvester instead of her.

"I was meant to go on that date," Sarah-Jane exclusively told Reveal. "Simon hijacked it!!"

Sarah-Jane Crawford wears a pink dress while heading to SUSHISAMBA's second birthday party - 11 November 2014


Looking pretty in pink at the Bootea Shake launch in London last night, Sarah-Jane revealed Stevi's trip to the Harvester was initially meant for her, but sadly Simon got there first.

She said: "I was so angry. I text Simon and said 'you've hijacked my date' and he said... 'oh, you can come next time'. Erm, thanks?"

She might have missed out this time round, but luckily for Sarah-Jane, Stevi still remains in the competition and we're pretty sure he wouldn't mind fitting in some one-on-one time with the Radio 1Xtra DJ.

After all, Stevi has admitted he has a little soft spot for Sarah-Jane.

But, what does she think of him?

"Stevi? I love him," she confessed. "He is one of the nicest human beings you will ever meet. He is such a nice guy."

Xtra Factor Sarah-Jane Crawford interviews Paul Akister, ITV2
9 November


Despite having nothing but praise for Stevi, Sarah-Jane did admit that recent X Factor evictee Paul Akister was one of her favourites.

Last weekend, viewers were left shocked when Paul was voted out of the competition and sad to see him go, Sarah-Jane admitted she found herself getting a little teary-eyed during her interview with him on the Xtra Factor.

"I was so upset about [Paul]," the 29-year-old said. "I properly choked. He has such a great voice, he writes [music] as well... These things happen when people don't vote!"

After growing close to all the contestants throughout the show, Sarah-Jane admitted she finds it difficult to say goodbye to each act as they leave.

She added: "It's really hard for me, I get really close to the contestants. I've been to judges' houses with them and their auditions, so it's really hard to say goodbye, especially when I then have to do an energetic show and I've just lost someone I really care about.

"But, Paul's good enough to make a future for himself in music. I'm not too worried about him, he's going to do well."

Paul Akister is sent home after the judges vote on 'The X Factor - The Results', Shown on ITV1 HD - 9 November 2014.

© ITV / Supplied by WENN

Leaving the show this weekend has meant that Paul will miss out on the X Factor tour.

But, after the show's executive producer Mark Sidaway tweeted he was going to "try and make something happen", fans have been given hope Paul may be brought back.

And, hoping Mark will stick to his words, Sarah-Jane told us she "really hopes" it happens for Paul.

"I've heard the same things in the building and I'm like 'Guys! We have to do it!'," she said.

Fingers crossed!

Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!