The Duchess of Cambridge has once again been diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum, the same sickness that led to her hospitalisation in the early stages of her pregnancy with first child, Prince George.
In a statement, Kensington Palace said that the Duchess, 32, would no longer be able to attend this evening's event, which was organised by brother-in-law Prince Harry, and hinted that she may still pull out of a planned visit to Malta later this month.
Kate had been scheduled to undertake her first solo overseas tour to Malta between September 20 and 21 but her severe sickness could see it cancelled.
A statement said: "The Duchess of Cambridge will not attend the opening ceremony of the Invictus Games this evening or the athletics event tomorrow.
"The Duchess's attendance on the forthcoming visit to Malta will be kept under review and a decision taken closer to the time."
Kate's pregnancy was announced on Monday morning, along with the news that she is being treated once more for hyperemesis gravidarum.
Unlike last time, however, she is being treated by doctors at home at Kensington Palace. The unwell royal already pulled out of a planned appearance in Oxford alongside husband Prince William earlier this week.
William, 32, travelled to Oxford University alone to open the new China learning centre, and told reporters he was eager to get home to look after Kate.
"She's feeling okay, thanks. It's been a tricky few days, week or so, but we're immensely thrilled. It's great news. Early days," said William. "Hopefully things settle down and she feels a bit better."
Kate and William welcomed their first son, Prince George, third in line to the throne, in July 2011.
Stars congratulate Kate and William!
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!