Tulisa's drug charge case collapses

Published Monday, Jul 21 2014, 13:03 BST  |  By
Tulisa's drugs case at Southwark Crown Court collapsed today.

The former X Factor judge walked free from court on Monday (21 July) after the judge threw out the case against her.

Tulisa Contostavlos arrives at Southwark Crown Court for day 6 of her trial, 21 July 2014


Tulisa arriving at Southwark Crown Court on 21 July.

According to reports, the judge told the jury that the case "cannot go any further" because there were "strong grounds to believe" that the undercover reporter at the centre of the trial - a prosecution witness - had "lied" during a pre-trial hearing.

Tulisa had been accused of offering to help introduce an undercover reporter to an alleged drug dealer. She denied this.

She had been arrested in June after a Sunday newspaper published the story as part of a sting operation, and was later charged with being concerned in the supply of drugs.

Tulisa had pleaded not guilty and her lawyer had said she looked forward to proving her innocence in court.

The 26-year-old was pictured arriving at Southwark Crown Court this morning in a powder blue blazer, pale blue floral shirt and fitted black trousers.

Got an iPad or iPhone? Reveal Mag is specially designed to fit!