Rough Copy carry on as normal after Kazeem Ajobe is told to leave tour

Published Monday, Mar 10 2014, 15:58 GMT  |  By  |  Add comment
Rough Copy are continuing on as normal despite band member Kazeem Ajobe being told to leave the official 'X Factor Tour 2014'.

Joey James and Sterling Ramsey are now performing as a duo after it emerged earlier today that Kazeem had been kicked off the tour following an "incident" backstage - although the exact reason is unclear.

It had been suggested that former X Factor judge and mentor Gary Barlow had ordered the dad-of-one to leave, however a rep has since told Reveal: "Gary had nothing to do with it."

Following the news, Joey and Sterling - who took to the stage as a duo in Wembley Arena on Saturday night - have however carried on tweeting to fans as if nothing has happened.

This morning (10 March), the band said: "Heading To Liverpool Today All The Liverpool @Roughians We Want To see Yall Tonight. Bring Ur Banners, Posters & Merch. #RC123 #Let'sGetIt."

Rough Copy - The X Factor Live Tour first night at the Odyssey Arena Belfast
Belfast, United Kingdom


Last year, returning hopefuls Rough Copy made it to the semi-final of The X Factor, although their journey on the popular ITV show was far from smooth.

Due to issues with his visa, Kazeem was unable to travel to New York for the judges' house stage of the contest, leaving Joey and Sterling with the difficult task of representing the group and auditioning for Gary on their own.

The twosome were told they had made it through before Gary visited Kazeem and invited him to also join the live shows.

In response to Kazeem's tour departure, Rough Copy's rep also said: "To confirm the band are still very much together and plan to continue to work with Epic after the tour."