Michelle Keegan denies she is to take part in Strictly Come Dancing

Published Thursday, Mar 6 2014, 11:33 GMT  |  By  |  Add comment
Michelle Keegan has denied that she is set to join this year's Strictly Come Dancing lineup.

Michelle was rumoured to be taking part in the BBC1 reality show later this year as a celebrity dancer, along with her fiancé Mark Wright, however she has now quashed the reports.

Michelle Keegan, The National Television Awards 2014 (NTA's) held at the O2 Arena - Arrivals - 22 JAN 2014


The Coronation Street star's rep said: "Michelle is a fan of Strictly Come Dancing however there are no plans for her to join the show, she will be concentrating on her acting career in 2014."

Last year, Michelle announced that she was quitting Corrie after six years on the soap.

In February, it was reported that Michelle's character Tina McIntyre is to be killed off in four different ways to prevent who murdered her from being leaked until the episodes air.

After leaving the soap, Michelle will move to Essex from Manchester after buying a house with Mark.

The couple got engaged last summer in Dubai and are hoping to get married next year.

In a recent interview, Michelle said she hoped to go travelling after leaving Coronation Street.

"Post Corrie and work-wise, I want to try other acting roles," Michelle said. "I may also do some travelling as well if I get the time and the opportunity."

Mark and Michelle's romance in pictures: