X Factor's Nicholas McDonald films video for debut single Answerphone

Published Wednesday, Feb 5 2014, 11:30 GMT  |  By  |  Add comment
X Factor's Nicholas McDonald took a break from tour rehearsals yesterday to film his new music video.

Nicholas, who is preparing to go on The X Factor tour next week, tweeted his excitement on Tuesday (4 February) as he filmed the visual for his debut single 'Answerphone'.

Nicholas McDonald films music video for 'Answerphone'. (4 February 2014).

© Twitter / @nickymcdonald1

The upbeat pop track was premiered on Monday, just weeks after Nicholas revealed he had signed a recording contract with RCA Records.

Teasing a photo of the video shoot on Twitter, Nicholas said: "Access all areas #Answerphone video shoot."

During The X Factor final in December, Nicholas came in second place, losing out on the winner's crown to Sam Bailey, and it seems that the whole process has been overwhelming.

Nicholas McDonald films music video for 'Answerphone'. (4 February 2014).

© Instagram / nickymcdonald11

He told fans last night: "This time last year, everything was so different. And now I am recording my brand new music video!!!"

'Answerphone' will be the first single to be taken from Nicholas' debut album, In The Arms Of An Angel, which is due for release on 17 March.

With the tour, a brand new single and a debut album to come, it seems there's no stopping him!

Nicholas McDonald's cover artwork for debut single 'Answerphone'. (4 February 2014).

© Twitter / @nickymcdonald1

Nicholas wrote yesterday: "#Answerphone and #InTheArmsOfAnAngel out on the same day, March 17th... Excitement OVERLOAD!"

Joining Nicholas on X Factor's UK and Ireland arena tour, which kicks off on 15 February in Belfast, will be Abi Alton, Hannah Barrett, Luke Friend, Rough Copy, Sam Callahan, Tamera Foster and Sam Bailey.

Got an iPad or iPhone? Reveal Mag has been especially designed to fit!

Listen to Nicholas' new single below: