One Direction's Liam Payne flees flat after patio heater explodes

Published Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 10:45 BST  |  By  |  Add comment
One Direction's Liam Payne was forced to flee his luxury apartment after a fire broke out on his balcony.

Liam, 21, and a group of friends were in the exclusive London flat when his patio heater suddenly exploded and sparked a blaze, according to reports.

Liam Payne arriving at Funky Buddha, London - 28 August 2013


Liam celebrated his birthday in London last week

The emergency services were called to Canary Wharf and Liam travelled to hospital in an ambulance after several of his pals were injured.

One male friend reportedly received 20 per cent burns to his face and hands, while two others received superficial burns to their hands.

A source told The Mirror: "His friend went to fill up the gas for a heating lamp, there was some sort of accident and the whole balcony went up in flames."

The incident happened at Liam's penthouse apartment on Monday night (3 September) and six fire engines were called to the scene.

Laurie Kenny, fire station manager, confirmed the incident and added that the crews "worked professionally" to get he blaze under control.