Cat lands owner £1,500 vet bill after swallowing a 5p coin!

Published Thursday, Mar 12 2015, 18:00 GMT  |  By  |  Add comment
One cheeky cat swallowed a five pence piece - which landed his owner a £1,500 vet bill!

Debra Leatherbarrow was concerned when her ginger kitten, Jack, started throwing up.

Ginger cat

© Getty Images / Dave King

Stock image

She took him to the vets, where an X-ray showed a small silver coin was trapped in the moggy's body.

Jack's owner was quoted in the Daily Star explaining: "The vet said it was really unusual for a cat and he had to have an emergency operation."

Luckily, the lady from Warrington, Cheshire, didn't have to fork out for the procedure herself, as her pet insurance covered the cost.

But she insisted: "I would have found the money one way or another."

Fortunately, the 10-month-old kitty has now made a full recovery. Debra admitted: "We're making sure that we don't leave anything lying around!"

After a scare like that, we don't blame her!

For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!