Rescue dog Uno started frantically barking when the blaze broke out in the Washington, Tyne and Wear, home.
The retired greyhound managed to rouse his owner Claire Whiteford, who was asleep along with her sons Kieran, 12, Paddy, eight, and Aiden, four.
Claire, 32, was stunned to discover that the flames had started when her fridge-freezer had exploded during the night.
She was quoted in the Daily Star explaining: "I was terrified. I turned off the switches in the fuse box, called 999 and got everyone out."
And if it wasn't for five-year-old Uno, things may have been very different. Claire added: "The fire investigator told us Uno saved our lives," she added.
We bet she thinks her plucky pooch is the dog's dinner!
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!