IIya Golubev was about to reach the climax of his performance when he belched and sprayed his face with the paraffin he uses to spray the flames.
The audience were horrified when the fire spread from his mouth to the rest of his face, leaving Ilya desperately trying to beat out the blaze.
Unfortunately, the Russian was left with more severe injuries because he tried to continue with the trick, rather than immediately pouring water over his face.
Jamal Votonoff, an onlooker, was quoted in The Sun saying: "We thought it was part of the show until we saw the look in his eyes."
The performer is now being cared for in a hospital in Izhevsk, central Russia.
A spokesperson for the clinic explained: "He told us the fuel caught fire when he wasn't expecting it."
We hope he gets better soon!
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!