The Noble family were fast asleep in Sudbury, Suffolk, when their fridge suddenly burst into flames at 6am.
Adi Noble, 29, his wife Caroline and their three children were fast asleep as the fire tore through their home. Frighteningly, their smoke alarms did not go off, despite being tested two weeks earlier.
The family were a whisker from death when seven-year-old Simba woke them with his frantic meowing. They fled safely, narrowly avoiding what could have been a cat-astrophic situation. What a hero!
Caroline, 30, was quoted in Daily Mail saying: "We owe our lives to our cat. A few seconds more and I don't think we would have survived."
Meanwhile, across the pond in Ohio, USA, Buddy the dog has also been busy saving lives, when he rescued his owner Jacob Martin from a house fire.
Buddy the pit-bull really lived up to his name as he ran to his owner's side and started barking to wake him when the fire erupted next door – just in time to save Martin's life.
What makes this story even more incredible is that Buddy was a rescue dog and had only been living with Martin for a few weeks. But sadly, since losing his job and his home, Martin doesn't know if he can afford to keep the pet pooch.
Martin told TV channel Fox 8 Cleveland: "Buddy is the best dog I ever had, great dog and good company."
We reckon this pawsome pair deserve an extra special treat or three.
by Lucy Jones
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!