We have no doubt that Jana Stankeviciute would have been delighted with the effort her boyfriend Amanj Issen had gone to for her return home after she'd spent a month in Latvia visiting family.
If she'd seen it.
However, before Jana even made it through the door, the candles had got out of control and burnt down the couple's bedroom, causing smoke damage to the rest of the house in Kent.
Amanj, a 29-year-old builder, had set up the romantic scene - including a heart and her name spelt out in tealight candles - and was waiting by the door, anxious for the first glimpse of his girlfriend, when he suddenly heard a loud bang.
Although he tried to go back in, the fire and smoke stopped him, so he had to call the emergency services.
He told the Daily Mail: "She called me when she was just a couple of minutes away and asked I could meet her outside the house to help her with her bags. I told her that I was already outside and that I was in big trouble."
Thankfully, Jana, 24, said she was still touched when she saw pictures - and Amanj is determined to recreate the scene, but this time with only the flowers and chocolates.
We think that might be for the best!
Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!