Poor dog electrocuted after weeing on a streetlamp

Published Friday, May 30 2014, 18:00 BST  |  By  |  Add comment
A poor pooch received a nasty shock when he was electrocuted after weeing on a lampost.

Scampie the poodle was out for a walk with his owner Ernest Reid when he cocked his leg against a streetlamp.

Scampie was electrocuted after cocking his leg against a streetlamp

© Rex Features / Visum

Stock image

But it was live and he was electrocuted by a 240 volt charge that blew him across the road.

Sizzled Scampie was left quivering violently.

Ernest, a 68-year-old retired electro-mechanical engineer, told The Sun: "It was very upsetting. Scampie was deeply traumatised. I don't know what I'd do without him. I rely on him for companionship.

"I shone a torch along the lampposts and there was smoke coming out of them."

It is believed that a burning moped was the cause after it had been left touching the lamppost prompting the electrics to short circuit.

Scottish and Southern Energy have been made aware of the incident and have confirmed that the electrics are now safe.

Reveal is now on Google Plus! Join us here for the latest pictures, fashion and celebrity news!
Got an iPad or iPhone? Reveal Mag is specially designed to fit!