In a bid to take make her four-legged friend's last few weeks as nice as possible, Riina Cooke, created a 22-point bucket list for her sickly sidekick, boxer dog Romeo.
She said: "I decided to put together a list of fun things for us to do together, for example, riding a police car and fire engine, having a steak dinner, professional massage, try sushi and to go on a blind date with another boxer."
In the months after Romeo was diagnosed, he managed to complete all 22 of his doggy dreams.
Riina said: "It was great seeing him really happy."
However, soon after Romeo accomplished his last wish, his condition deteriorated and Riina made the heart-breaking decision to have him put down. "It was bittersweet, I had to let Romeo go, we has do many great memories together but it wasn't fair to keep him alive when he was in so much pain."
In an attempt to keep Romeo's memory alive, Miss Cooke now has a new boxer, Elvis.
Romeo's complete bucket list:
1. Trip to the first park where he had walkies
2. Have breakfast in bed with dad
3. Have his first beer with dad at the pub
4. Meet a celebrity
5. Watch a sunset
6. Candle lit massage from mum
7. Have a ride a fire engine
8. Have a ride a police car
9. Spend lots quality time with my family
10. Have a great birthday party
11. Help out at an animal shelter
12.Eat a McDonald's cheese burger
13. Celebrate New Year in style
14. Enjoy a doggy ice cream
15. Have a steak dinner
16. Enjoy a full body massage
17. Get a pawicure
18. Go on a blind date
19. Eat some sushi
20. Find myself a Valentine's
21. Have lots of doggy treats
22. Visit the USA
By Pippa Hawkins