Phoenix was obliviously relaxing in the tumble dryer when Deryn De Temple put the machine on a hot programme to dry some dog bedding. However, the 52-year-old was unaware that her daughter's seven-month kitten was already inside the drum.
The poor cat spent 20 minutes being tossed around at an extremely hot temperature, before Deryn opened the door to find a very shocked Phoenix. The severe heat meant he had mild burns on most of his body.
According to the Daily Express, the cat's owner, Elfie De Temple and her stepfather Ron Cole tried to slowly lower Phoenix's body temperature with cold water before rushing him to the vet, where he was put on a drip.
It was discovered that his kidneys had shut down and red blood cells had started rupturing. Luckily, the brave feline battled through and on the sixth day in the vets, he was allowed to go home.
Vet Annette Moyart admitted that Phoenix was very lucky: "We had to pull out the stops to save him."
She reminded pet owners to always check where their cats are hiding, "It's best to give a quick check to make sure pets aren't inside any household appliance before turning them on."
We're glad to hear that Phoenix survived this traumatic ordeal!
Does your cat sleep in dangerous places? Tell us below, as the best comment from across the website each week wins £50!