The world's deadliest spiders decided to gatecrash the fruit aisle in Sainsbury's and hibernate in their bananas.
Mother-of-two, Consi Taylor, was tucking into a fresh, ripe banana only to be greeted by a handful of venomous Brazilian Wandering spiders that had hatched out on to the table before her very eyes.
The 29-year-old was quick to report it to a pest control firm, only to be told that her family must immediately evacuate their creepy-crawly-infested home in Hampton, South West London.
The firm warned the family that the spiders were "venomous and should be considered dangerous".
"I hope I didn't eat one but I can't be sure. I now have a phobia of buying bananas. We don't know whether they've all gone," she told The Sun.
Sainbury's initial £10 compensation voucher later spiralled into a killer bill; covering all costs for the family's hotel stay, fumigation and the rest!
Sainsbury's explained: "We're very sorry and have apologised to Mr and Mrs Taylor. We do have rigorous controls on imported products at all stages – from harvesting to transportation — which is why this is so rare."
What do you think of this story? Tell us below, as the best comment from across the website each week wins £50!
Got an iPad or iPhone? Reveal Mag is specially designed to fit!