Nobody in the Reveal office was surprised to find "Do you think I'm made of money?" in the number one spot, closely followed by "Money doesn't grow on trees".
I can just hear my dad (most often referred to as Geoff, by everyone. Including, to his despair, me and my sister) saying those two phrases to me almost on loop throughout my teenage years.
Generally, the first was before I got my first Saturday job, the second after. Both came after my regular weekly shopping sprees when I'd return home with bags crammed full of new clothes.
Equally, "I'm not sleeping, I'm just resting my eyes" (number 5) and "If you were told to jump off a cliff, would you?" (number 9) were no big surprises.
But we were shocked by how low some other phrases came in the survey carried out by Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, for the release of The Best of Family Guy.
"You're not going out in that" came in way down at number 17 – whereas that was definitely the most popular phrase in my house on Monday and Thursday nights (the local student nights)! On first read, I was worried it was just me but a quick straw poll around the Reveal girls soon put my fears to rest.
And MIA completely were "That's not a skirt, it's a belt" and "You'll catch your death in that."
The survey showed that more than half of dads repeated things they'd heard their dad say and 73% of people now appreciate the words of wisdom their dad passed onto them. Dads from all over the UK also tend to say the same things.
The top 20 sayings are:
1. Do you think I'm made of money?
2. Money doesn't grow on trees
3. He's as thick as two short planks
4. When I was your age…
5. I'm not sleeping, I'm just resting my eyes
6. I'm not going to tell you again
7. Were you raised in a barn?
8. Don't talk back to your mother
9. If you were told to jump off a cliff, would you?
10. They don't make them like they used to
11. Stop crying or I'll give you something to cry about
12. We were grateful to have an orange at Christmas
13. You'll understand when you're older
14. A little hard work never killed anyone
15. Don't tell your mother
16. Don't go spending a lot on me
17. You're not going out in that
18. Waste not, want not
19. You don't know you're born
20. Don't let the bed bugs bite
What is your dad's favourite phrase? Tell us in our comments box!
Read more: Kids say the funniest things - in exams
Read more: Are you the typical 'cheat'?