Judges Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh and Tulisa Contostavlos are back for the ninth series, this time joined by none other than former Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger to cast their critical ears and eyes over our nation's budding singers.
As we wait for the first episode, airing this Saturday night, let's prepare ourselves for another corker of a series with these little known facts...
1. During the Judges' Audition Tour they saw nearly 500 acts. Wonder what percentage of those were up to Leona Lewis or Alexandra Burke standards?
2. This year's oldest contestant was 77. That's only one year younger than the ages of all four members of Little Mix combined!
3. The most popular audition song for the wannabe pop stars this year was We Found Love by Rihanna, followed by At Last by Etta James – two very different, but equally wonderful tracks.
4. Host Dermot O'Leary was always on hand to provide a celebratory high-five or a shoulder to cry on – he spoke to 900 people and gave 800 hugs!
5. Gary might have gotten a bit of a reputation last year as the tough one due to his criticisms. Turns out he met more fans than any other judge, hugging 139 of 'em!
6. For the first time in the series history, anyone can audition including acts that already have management. Calling all one-hit wonders...
7. This change also means that hopefuls can sing their own songs! Here's hoping we get to see some talented singer-songwriters, maybe the next Jessie J or Ed Sheeran!
8. The Over-25 category has been changed to Over-28 apparently due to the incredible talent the judges have seen. According to Gary this is to "spread the talent around and to increase the competition in the boys and girls categories."
9. This year, the Bootcamp has been moved from London to Liverpool – spreading the X Factor love across the country.
10. Louis Walsh reckons this year will be "our best series yet." But he says that every year...
Are you looking forward to the new series of The X Factor? Will we see the new One Direction or Wagner? Let us know in the comments below!
Read more: Cheryl Cole: "I'll still watch 'The X Factor'"
Read more: 'X Factor' 2012: Behind the scenes!
Watch a video reminder of some of the great X Factor acts below: