Has the return of Bake Off inspired you to get creative in the kitchen? Us too!
Channel your inner Mary Berry and get your 'bake on' with this delicious Strawberry Cream Cake recipe.
You won't be able to stop your friends reaching for a second slice of this, believe us!
- 125g Self-raising flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 115g Caster sugar
- 75g Trex, at room temperature - and a little extra for greasing
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1Ž2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Finely grated lemon zest
- TO DECORATE:
- 3-4 tbsp Strawberry jam
- 150ml Double cream
- 150g Strawberries, sliced
Method1. Position the oven shelves towards the centre of the oven. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan oven 160°C/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease two 18cm (7in) sandwich tins with a little Trex, line their bases with circles of greaseproof paper, then lightly grease the paper.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar, Trex, unbeaten eggs, milk, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Use a wooden spoon to beat the mixture together until smooth and creamy – this will only take 1-2 minutes.
3. Share the mixture equally between the prepared tins and level the surfaces. Bake for 18-20 minutes. To test that the cakes are cooked, they should be golden brown, and when touched lightly the tops should spring back into place. Put the tins on to a wire rack to cool for a few minutes.
4. Remove the cakes from their tins and cool on a wire rack, then remove the lining paper. When completely cool, sandwich the cakes together with strawberry jam, whipped cream and sliced strawberries. Spread whipped cream over the top and arrange more sliced strawberries over the surface.
Cook Time20 minutes
Recipe by Trex
As featured in this week's Buzz-O-Meter in Reveal Magazine - Issue 36
Fancy winning some GREAT prizes? Check out Reveal Competitions here!