With wine and chocolate still on the menu, and the promise of losing 7lb in seven days, it almost sounds too good to be true.
Buy this week's issue of Reveal for the lowdown on why this is the must-try new eating plan.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 50g red onion, finely chopped
- 30g carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 30g celery, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ bird’s eye chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp herbes de Provence
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g tin chopped Italian tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 200g tinned mixed beans
- 50g kale, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- 40g buckwheat
MethodPlace the oil in a medium saucepan over a low–medium heat and gently fry the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, chilli, if using, and herbs, until the onion is soft but not coloured.
Add the stock, tomatoes and tomato purée and bring to the boil. Add the beans and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the kale and cook for another 5–10 minutes, until tender, then add the parsley.
Meanwhile, cook the buckwheat according to the packet instructions, drain and then serve with the stew.
Recipe taken from The Sirtfood Diet by Aidan Goggins & Glen Matten (Yellow Kite £7,99)