- 1 x 454g pack 8 British Cumberland Sausages
- 1 x 375g pack Greenvale Puff Pastry
- 1 large mild Onion
- 150g Butternut Squash flesh – about 1Ž2 peeled squash
- 1 flat tsp Stonemill Paprika
- 1 flat tsp Stonemill Garlic Granules
- 1 x 400g tin Sweet Harvest Chopped Tinned Tomatoes with Herbs
- 1 Vegetable Quixo Stock Cube
- 20ml The Pantry Lemon Juice
- 200ml boiling Water
- 20ml Olive Oil
- A little Milk
Method1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2. Peel and halve the onion, then finely chop.
3. Finely chop the butternut squash - keep a few small chopped pieces back to make eyes for the mummies.
4. Sauté the onion in the olive oil in a large saucepan for about 5 minutes on a low light until soft but not browned.
5. Add the butternut squash and the garlic and paprika - mix well with the onions and cook for a further 3 minutes.
6. Add the tinned tomatoes and lemon juice.
7. Dissolve the stock cube in the boiling water and add to the saucepan.
8. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Meanwhile, unroll the pastry and cut into 1cm strips.Unlink the sausages.
10. Wrap the pastry around the sausages, leaving a space for the face.
11. Place on a baking sheet. Brush with a little milk and bake for 15/20 minutes until they are lightly golden.
12. Put eyes on their faces using the saved chopped squash.
13. Serve alongside the witches' sauce.
Prep Time25 minutes
Cook Time45 minutes
Nutrition InformationServes 4
Love easy recipes? Check out our gallery below!
Copyright: Simply Beef
Not in the mood to cook? Why not head out for something to eat and get 50% off or 2-FOR-1 off you bill across your starter mains and deserts with a tastecard. To get 50% off a 1-year tastecard membership CLICK HERE.
*Reveal offer* - Get 50% off a 1-year tastecard membership and take advantage of 50% off or 2-FOR-1 off at over 6,500+ restaurants across the UK. CLICK HERE.
For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!