It's a perfect recipe for midweek - or any day, really :)
- 1kg small new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 500g Chantenay carrots, halved lengthways
- 2 small parsnips, quartered
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 100g Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar, grated
- 4 rashers streaky bacon
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6
2. Put the potatoes into a large roasting pan with the carrots and parsnips
3. Add the oil and toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes
4. Meanwhile, use a sharp knife to slice a pocket into each chicken breast
5. Fill each pocket with some of the grated cheese
6. Wrap a rasher of streaky bacon around chicken breast, tucking a sprig of thyme into each one
7. Arrange on top of the vegetables
8. Season and roast for a further 20 minutes
9. Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese over the chicken and cook for another 10-15 minutes until melted and golden
Tip: You could make this recipe with 4 pieces of pork fillet instead of chicken. Just split the pieces and fill with the grated cheddar, wrapping the bacon around as before.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time1 hour
Nutrition InformationServes 4
Looking for more finger lickin' chicken recipes? Try our gallery below!
Not in the mood to cook? Why not head out for something to eat and get 50% off or 2-FOR-1 off you bill across your starter mains and deserts with a tastecard. To get 50% off a 1-year tastecard membership CLICK HERE.
*Reveal offer* - Get 50% off a 1-year tastecard membership and take advantage of 50% off or 2-FOR-1 off at over 6,500+ restaurants across the UK. CLICK HERE.
For exclusive competitions and amazing prizes visit Reveal's Facebook page NOW!