An all-time favourite, this pulled pork recipe is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser
- 4 Kallo Corn Cakes
- 150g of slow cooked pulled pork
- 4 tbsp slaw
- 4 tsp chipotle mayo
- For the Slow Cooked Pork
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp tamari
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1.75 kilograms pork shoulder
- For the Carrot and Beetroot Slaw (enough for 12 corn cakes)
- 200g carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 150g beetroot, peeled and trimmed
- 2 spring onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp toasted cumin seeds
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- Small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- For the Chipotle Mayo (makes a small bowl)
- 75ml mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili paste (I use gran luchito)
- Squeeze of lime
MethodFor the Slow Cooked Pork
1 Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
2 Wash and dry the shoulder of pork. Score the skin and cover with the marinade so that the meat is evenly coated on all sides. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge overnight.
3 Pre-heat your oven to 220°C and take the meat out of the fridge. Let it come to room temperature before cooking.
4 Place the shoulder in the oven to cook for 25 minutes, to crisp up the crackling, then turn down the heat to 160°C and continue cooking for a further 4 hours - 4 1/2 hours.
For the Carrot and Beetroot Slaw
1 Grate the carrots and beetroot into a bowl and add the spring onions.
2 Toast the cumin seeds in a dry pan until they smell toasted. Remove them from the heat and scatter over the vegetables.
3 Mix the olive oil, vinegar, honey and ginger in a little bowl, season and add to the vegetables with the coriander. Leave to marinate 15 minutes before serving.
For the Chipotle Mayo
1 Place the mayo and chipotle paste in a bowl and mix well. Add lime to taste.
1 Divide the pulled pork between 4 Kallø Corn Cakes. Top with the carrot and beetroot slaw and finish with a dollop of chipotle mayo and a few coriander leaves.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time5 hours
Check out the gallery below for some great festive eating ideas
Copyright: Seasonal Berries